View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Old_Truck_Fan

Project "Financial Burden": 1968 SWB C10

I thought it was about time that I start a build thread on this site. I have been browsing around looking at other projects and builds for quite some time. My older brother’s first vehicle was a 1970 LWB C10 and ever since I have been hooked on the 67-72 design. My first vehicle was a 1972 LWB Custom 10 Deluxe with the Highlander package. Now I have a 1968 SWB that I picked up not long after I finished college. Here is the low down on my project.

I purchased this vehicle with the plans of a complete frame off restoration that would include upgrading all of the mechanicals to modernized components. As you will see in the photos, it was originally a step side with a six cylinder and a three speed manual transmission. The dates on the photos are correct and I am hoping to gain some motivation from setting up this thread to help get my project across the goal line. As you are all aware, projects are usually the first things to get put on the back burner when time and money run thin but I am determined to get the old truck back on the road again. I have put a few pictures below that begin to paint the picture of my project, and I figure pictures are a better way to show my progress and vision rather than words. So here we go…
Attached Images

Old_Truck_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote