View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 07:39 PM   #12
68Gold/white

Re: Debating... 67 gmc custom

TMS,
It will depend on the market you advertise this in, as mentioned by others.
I buy parts here, and sometimes think the price is a little high,BUT what does $30 or $50 dollars buy these days...? Not a lot...
$5500 was about what I was thinking when you first posted this thread. I've learned about buying and selling etiquette. I'd ask $6500.00 to start. There's folks around with THAT much $$$ cash. THe V6 may throw some off, but I'd test the waters first with your number. You NEVER know if some one, single person has been looking for such a pickup as what you have!!!

Back in the 80's a customer/friend came in the parts tore I worked at. he was always buying parts for this old Chevy LUV pickup he had. He got sick of working on it. Put a sign on it, $1600.00, take it or leave it. THAT day, a guy knocks on this door, with 16 $100.00 bills in his hand, no questions, no tire kicking, HE just wanted it!!! Oh crap, $1600.00 was a bunch of $$$ back then!!!
The new buyer bought parts from me, also, for it, except it got a 350 SBB installed in it!!! THe new buyer had just inherited some $$$ and always wanted to build a V8 Chevy :UV....(I thought they wewre pretty cool...not enough to build one, though...)
68Gold/white is online now   Reply With Quote