View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 11:25 PM   #22
Ironangel

Re: Debating... 67 gmc custom

I'm located in the boondocks 100 miles north of KC and 100 miles south of Omaha...Thats is/was a $6K truck all day long around here. To me that Victor Six and the fact that it's a straight 67 driver makes it a little more desirable. Rare motor, first production year, and it's clean, all make it what it is, "Americana in one her finest hours!" I bought my DD, a LWB 72 C/10 with 350/350 and 3:08 open with an oak bed that might have been 5 years old for $2500. I drove it 400 miles to home and she never fired again until I swapped another 350 in her I picked up from another 72 C/10 being parted out. I bought Nasty Sally in 2009 for $500 and drove her two whole blocks home! She was my first and my reason for joining this awesome Forum! Today, my DD aka, "Belle" is a $10K truck and still needs rockers and corners. Sally on the other hand is a solid $25K truck with factory correct buckets, carpet, new rockers and corners, and her now 3rd powerplant, a .060" over 427 BBC that only runs on 110 octane. I got stupid after the 396 threw a rod out on the street and let my machinist best friend talk me into building this 11 second 427 Chevy. I have invested well over $30K in that truck and know I will never live long enough to get that money back but she's paid off double that in fun and memories at the shows and races. Those two trucks turn alot of heads at the truck shows and drag strips when they see a 72 draft horse haulin another 72 thoroughbred onto the property...That was my goal ten years ago when I retired. I'm hankerin for a 4x4 lately, but that's another story for another dream...Might go to Tennessee in September, see if old Sally has one more trophy run in that burnout pit..?
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote