View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 12:29 AM   #5
dagnabbitt

Re: 1967 GMC K20 " The Kodiak"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Yeah, you needed this, in a big way (LOL). You’ve nearly got your other 2 rigs running and driving properly!
Do you know of anyone with a sand blaster?
Converting 3/4 tons to disc is not quite as cheap as 1/2 tons. I’d look for a 71 or 72 for disc stuff, if you intend to do that.
After watching Vice Grip Garage and Restored on YouTube, your engine can probably be saved.
I prefer V8 pickups, but that big and heavy lug of a pickup will he just fine with the 292.
I am planning on putting a 292 I my 67 C10, initially to just get it on the road. LOL, my 292 is a .060 over 283.
Carry on man!!!
You are keeping your pickups in a similar theme, nothing usual or common. I really like your diesel!!!

It looks like none of those tires are seated on their respective rims. Would be much easier to load with good tires and rims.
Thanks, man! Getting encouragement like this makes me feel less crazy for buying it.

I was thinking that in addition to the hood that I might want to bring an extra set of wheels, too. I just have the spare set from my yukon so they might have to do.

I don't know about that engine, it has seen a lot of rain. I might be in the market for another 292. Luckily there are people who don't want them, don't understand that but hey.
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote