View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 11:27 PM   #15
SCOTI

Re: 17 y/o needing advice from the truck legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon1123 View Post
Some issues would be the RPO codes have been scratched out for starters, not sure if that means anything but it's questionable on why someone would do that. Second, there's heavy rust on the floor pans, so bad I'd probably need to weld in new panels and I have no space or equipment to do that, then there's the gauges. The speedometer is busted, temp gauge is screwed, and I'm not sure how the other gauges are doing. The 3 speed needs work, as it is slipping. The truck needs to be re-wired, turn signals, brake light, dome light, all that doesn't work. Sometimes with enough fiddling I can get them to flash for a few seconds, but that's all. Needs the suspension to be re-done, the AC system is torn apart, the slowly leaks out, and it smells like waffles and syrup after I drive it for long enough. There's all the weather seals that are just done for. I'll try to get some pictures up, and there's definitely more to list that just aren't coming to mind right now. The last thing I'd say is I don't really know a whole lot of it's history. It's had speaker holes manually cut out of the inside doors, stickers in it, etc. I don't know how many owners, I have no clue on the mileage either.

When I first bought it, it showed a lot of red flags, but I loved it, and I was impatient so I threw down $800 for it and drove it home, running on fumes. Not much has been done fixing it, the most I've spent was putting in a cat to pass DEQ.

Part of me thinks I just want an older truck, and a lot of the things I need to do to mine to get it really good would take a lot of time and money. I know a lot of it is patience, but I can't stop thinking about that forest service truck. Thank you to all who have been replying to my post. I hope you're all having a great day so far.
How much do you currently have invested in the 76? Sell it for that amount & save for something that doesnt have all of the issues you described.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote