View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 03:15 AM   #12
rickpilgrim

Re: budget scan tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty68 View Post
that would be nice... not in my budget.... i was thinking 150 max... maybe the $15 ebay bluetooth to phone would be most bang for the buck.
The reason I would suggest such an item like this is if you are a multi vehicles owner and will be for the duration it saves so much cash over a simple code reader or $200 Accutron that lets you view data but that's it.
A code reader would have told me the ABS and 4wd were malfunctioning in my 04 suburban but to narrow it down beyond that it would be useless. The Verus(yes we have 3 different snap on) was able to pull up the wave forms in a 3 layer graphic and even highlighted the odd signal from wheel Sensor 2 (POS Chinese bearing)that was causing all the problem. Without that knowledge how would you know the sensor was putting out more of a clipped wave than a smooth(btw bearing still ok)wave. We were able to drive back in the snow with 4wd and ABS using the data from sensor 1 to act as both sensors with the Verus help.
That's an 04 truck that won't give you 4wd and screams every time the brake pedal is pushed that you need brake service. What's a 2013 or newer going to need in diagnostic scan tools? Any of our monthly payment snap on's will do it, my Accutron from 2004 will be as useless as it is now.
rickpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote