View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 09:26 AM   #115
MalibuSSwagon

Re: 1986 Short bed 2WD

Drove it around town yesterday, runs good. Still have to bring the front down a bit, have 1 ton coils and need to order new shocks. Wheels are Aero 59 15x9.5 surplus NASCAR wheels with 295/50/15's. Still not sure if i love them, mostly because you can't get good sticky street rubber in wide 15" sizes.

My initial impressions of the CPP trailing arm conversion are mixed. I was extremely frustrated by the vague install instructions, coupled with my lack of experience in that sort of custom work. Once sorted, however the truck is a joy to drive. Very smooth ride and handling seems good so far. Haven't had a chance to push it yet. The 1972 12 bolt, naturally needs a once over. Some howling gear noise so far. I seem to be getting noise from the TKo as well but this might be normal?

So far its great to have my little hot rod back. In the 20 miles I was ripping it around town yesterday, everyone's jaw dropped. And of course the usual questions at the gas pump. My friend helped me out by rebuilding the exhaust using OE stainless stuff from late model trucks, sounds far more rowdy than a stock 5.3L is.
Attached Images

MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote