View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 10:24 AM   #20
TrybalRage

Re: First time swap started

More done this weekend. Got the wiring *just* about wrapped up. Welded a small piece of bar stock to the battery tray for a mount to bolt my fuse box to. Trying to avoid putting too many holes in the fender. Did drill 2 for the PCM mount - just a generic GM mount that I think they used on the S10? Used stainless bolts to attach it.

Still need to provide a short jumper from the fuse block to the 5.3 junction box, and wire the grounds.

Shortened the original power wires to the bulkhead and distribution block on the firewall, and routed them below the pcm to the 5.3 box.

Need to cover some in loom to clean up the appearance. Didn't wire in a separate check engine light, my truck originally had an oil pressure sensor that would ground out a wire to illuminate the choke light - a blue wire from the bulkhead connector. Since the PCM provides a ground for the CEL I just connected that to the blue wire. Hopefully it will work. I do have a separate light just in case.

Ran the power line for the fuel pump down the same loom as the original sender/tank switch motor. Cut the sender line and spliced in a weatherpak connector for the pump and sender on the new tank. Going to keep the rest of the wiring for now in place just in case I ever decide to go back to a dual tank setup.

Still haven't started cutting and running the fuel line. Trying to plan it's route. I think I may just run it up the drivers side since I'm only doing the single tank. Just ordered a filter bracket to mount to the framerail.

Got the transmission installed and the crossmember mocked up. I think I can get away with just making the mount slot a little longer and then bolt it right back into the same frame holes.

I still need to figure out how to handle the trans cooler lines. Seems like most people use 6an lines, but both the TH350 and the 4L60 are threaded for 1/4 NPS thread? Any reason why the original lines may not work? Although now that the motor is in may be a pain in the ass to try and thread them under it.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote