View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #83
toocrazy

Re: 69 slammed, 22"/24" bbc shaved clean

I am just starting to mock up the brake lines. I know this is going to be somewhat of a tedious process. Do you guys mock up your brake lines first, remove, paint, and reinstall or just install brake lines once your frame is done. I have come to realize that although these two big ass boosters are great for getting brake components out from my engine bay and under dash, they are going to involve some plumbing. The Wilwood master cylinders are under the dash so, I have to run two lines back, one to each booster, and then I need to run one line forward to the front brake lines.............3 lines front to back instead of 1(whoops, 4 including vacuum line).........if anyone has any ideas please pipe up. I stuck on a vacuum canister you can see on the far side of the frame.

Here I am trying to figure out my front air and brake lines. The front frame is to be boxed and i want to keep the lines inside the frame. On the brake lines I might try to install a -3 AN bulkhead fitting in the frame to keep it clean. Not sure how it is going to play out though. Any thoughts I am still working on the airlines. I am using 3/8 line which is probably overkill. The 1/4 inch is easy to fish but the 3/8 is a lot tougher to bend. I am really creating a lot of work just to have the frame boxed.

Dual batteries, not sure why one wouldn't work but 2 should work better......right

Hoping to remove differential and trailing arms tomorrow and getting them painted.
toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote