View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #4
chaseman17

Re: Project SLAMBULANCE

The plans for this truck formed very quickly in my head, so I had a friend create a rendering for what my vision of Project SLAMBULANCE is.

While he was creating the rendering, I began communicating with Boris at Street Machinery in Euclid, OH. Boris knows his stuff & is famous for his "Stop, Drop & Roll" work that he performs on a variety of classic cars. The STR package is exactly where I wanted to start, so he ordered up the goodies for me & once the Billet Specialty 20" smoothies were built, I headed to Cleveland to meet Boris and pick up the parts.

It was great to meet the guys & check out some of the in-process work they were performing & even get a few additional ideas for this project.

Driving it around the first couple weeks, I quickly became tired of people saying it looked like the Ghostbusters car, so we are going to add some red paint to it to liven up the look and stop the Ghostbusters comments! It goes in for paint on December 5 & once it is back home, the suspension, brakes & a variety of other goodies will be installed.

The first photo below is of the rendering. It is a cartoon drawing, so it is a bit exaggerated, but he absolutely nailed the vision and feel that we will aim for. The other pics are a few from the visit to Street Machinery (Boris on left, me on right) and a few of the parts we picked up.
Attached Images