View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Re: Lowering Regrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebra View Post
I recently put a 2.5" drop spindle, 2" springs, lowered shocks on the front along with 40 series tires on 20's. I replaced all wear items (steering and suspension) and got a quite pricey dynamic alignment. I did a 5" springs, shock relocators, new shocks, and adjustable track bar with 50 series tires on 20's in the rear. It looks really good; it is made to be a daily driver though and it rides horribly. I can feel every crack in the road, it clangs, it bangs, (both front and rear), I can't get in and out of driveways, I have maybe an inch max before I am into the bumps front and rear, I am tucking tires all around.
The harshness comes from lower profile tires, (which in my opinon you have to get use to, because you don't have giant sidewall 15" tires anymore)

You mention nothing about making room for suspension travel.
You have limited the room between moving parts, so you have to open up some room so parts don't bottom out. (your words,... "rides horribly)

Up front you remove the rubber bump stops and the stands they mount on.
I leave part of the steering top for the spindle to contact.
The rear you also need to remove the rubber bump stop and add a c-notch if you want even more travel.
I would start with just removing the bump stop and adding a shorter version like Energy Suspension sells.

If you don't have a front sway bar,... you need one.
This will help with body roll.
Take some pics of your current set up (the suspension) not the truck.

My 2wd blazer bottomed out a lot until I added a rear c-notch. It's like driving a different blazer.
Its bagged now, so that's a whole different conversation.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote