View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 09:53 AM   #23
TruDom

Re: Lowering Regrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebra View Post
I removed the front bumps, I had maybe a finger gap with the bumps. It is clanging a lot more now...reverberating like hitting a gong. The rear is sitting on the bumps so I couldn't get those out yet but it is bottoming out in the rear so I know my options there (raise it or c-notch it).

I will mess with it but in general this thread was my opinion that I regret going SWB/lowered/big wheels which cost me $5.4K. I personally thought the truck looked better LWB at stock height on Rallyes and was significantly more driveable.

If I put stock spindles back on the front so I can run 15" Rallyes (I like the Rallye wheels much better than my 20's) and keep the lowered springs, I wonder if it will still clang constantly or if the taller sidewall will help absorb cracks/bumps better? I can't run 15" Rallyes on my lowered spindles (they drag really bad) and I think SWB at stock height look tall/short.
something just doesnt sound right. sitting on bumps in rear?

i have same setup 4/6 drop (from ECE) with 20" wheels and have never bottomed out even hauling stuff in the bed. no c-notch. have scraped the long tube headers on the ground because they hang lower than everything.

good luck friend. id recommend replacing the springs with taller ones from ECE maybe 1/3 or 2/4 drops instead. at only 114/pair i'd think they would perform better opposed to putting stock springs back in that have a lot of wear on them. but it's your money/truck. sucks to feel burned with what you have done.
TruDom is offline   Reply With Quote