View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #639
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

I'm finally getting back to work on the Blazer. About a week after my last post, I got word that my Mom was going downhill pretty rapidly. She had been fighting Cancer for 6 1/2 years. Needless to say, I dropped my tools right where I was and spent ALL of my free time sitting next to her bed, saying all of the things that always seem to go left unsaid. It was rough watching her go down, and juggling work and everything else that life throws at you. She passed away peacefully 1 month and 1 day ago, the day after Mother's Day.

After she passed away and we had our little COVID-19 regulated burial (Don't get me started on that ), the A/C went out at my house, so we had to replace the whole thing. I guess I can't complain, I nursed 26 years out of the original unit for the house.

So here we are a month later, and I've finally gotten caught up with work. Now it's time to finish up the rack and pinion install so that I can drive it up to TN in a month for the Southeastern Chevy/GMC Truck Nationals on July 11th. Stay tuned for updates!

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote