View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #90
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

outlaw I used my welding helmet... mostly. when I was setting things up I just closed my eyes, you can feel the stickout sitting on the ledge of the panel in between tacks so you can do it pretty well without opening your eyes. Trying to fit under the dash and look up with a helmet on is another problem. easier just to tack and go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4msfam View Post
I'm again really admiring your build! A quick question. What year donor are you using again? I thought the second gen trucks all have the big aluminum pedal brackets (like you used in your first two builds). Does this one have it too? I'm not figuring out how it would attach to the piece you welded to the firewall and have left. Or is this some kind of early year / second gen truck that has it all in sheetmetal.
its a 95, as far as I know the 94 is a unicorn (one year only) 95-97 use a sheetmetal pedal support assembly, and 98+ use the aluminum pedals.

I knew the steering wheel would stick out a bunch but since its the 4 bolt bracket and there is a metric ton on room below the column, I figure to just move the brackets.

IMG_7811 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7812 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I dont know how far to move them though till the steering wheel comes and I have the seat in, so I popped the seat in for a looksee

IMG_7813 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the seat needs to drop a couple inches, there is a bracket/wheel assembly on the bottom I need to take off and it will sit better in the cab. This is with the steering column all the way "in", I cant hold it up and take a picture but you can see there wont be any problem with joedoh the hutt fitting in this one.

IMG_7814 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

theres my helmet outlaw!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote