View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #851
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Still at it. Been working on solidifying the bed structure.

I have the bedside support rods sorted out. Rears are done & installed. For the fronts, I using some OBS parts. I have them mocked up in place & need to finish the modifications to get them bolted in 100%. With just the F/R 'sub-frame' arrangement I came up w/along w/the bed support rods chinched down, the bed feels very tight & that's w/o floor or tubs installed yet.

I have some help headed my way again since my buddys young-guns will be home from school for the weekend. So to get one more question answered for the 'puzzle' I swapped out the rear housing for a narrower Ford 9". Measurements say the wheel/tires will fit & have .500" clearance on the outside sidewalls once the bed is dropped onto the frame.

We'll swap the bed into place to verify the changes made over the last 2wks of work progress. Then, the bed goes back on the cart so I can finalize/finish fab work on the bed mounts, bed floor sub-frames, & the last of the stainless exhaust . . …...
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote