View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:55 PM   #37
gokellurself

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

Hey Docrock, I apologize for the late response. The brake pedal came with the X-member set up and welds right to the frame. I hope this helps

I have a quick update about my engine mount placement and the quick-fix method that was attempted in modifying the engine mount. I was able to move it 5/8" with this solution, but I believe a full 1" to 1 1/4" would have done the full trick.

It can be seen in the 2nd picture that the brake pedal arm is in fact in collision with the exhaust header bolt, which I don't think would have happened if the engine were better positioned in the first place. Similarly, I probably had room to move the brake pedal back a small amount, however this issue was unforeseen at the time. I can take a little section out of the pedal arm and get by just fine

I was able to get the cab mounted permanently, but not before STILL having to trim a little off the firewall for valve cover clearance. I do believe my quick-fix attempt reduced the amount the firewall was needed to be trimmed, yet trimming it needed none the less...

Rookie woes fellas, rookie woes...

Anyways, been working nonstop and haven't gotten to a major update, though things are certainly still in progress! Lots of OT, today was my 14th day straight but I should be getting back to a 4-10 schedule and have all kind of time to start really getting this thing together.

Thanks for stopping by, catch y'all later

Last edited by gokellurself; 08-19-2017 at 09:36 AM.
gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote