View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 01:33 PM   #6
Aberdare

Re: Brake bleeding problems....help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twister View Post
I made a home made plunger and believe its holding the piston in center.
The last attempt I tried to bleed the rear brakes I pulled about 8 oz. Of fluid out of the back passenger's wheel and still had a continuous flow of fluid & bubbles.
So let's assume for a minute that my homemade plug is working what other issue could be the problem....if nothing else could cause this issue then I I'll, have to check the plug I made.
Thanks
Mr twister
The Brake Master Cylinder should be in the "Rest Position" then use a bleeder ball on the master cylinder reservoir. It will provide fluid pressure to move the brake master cylinder off the "rest position" and allow fluid to pass, no more than 8-10psi... note; this will be fluid without any air in it, and it will also pressurize the brake lines, hoses, fittings and ultimately the wheel cylinders, as a COMPLETE brake hydraulic system. So, if there is a leak, it will show. The problem with using a vacuum pump is that it will draw fluid and if there is a leak, it will draw air thru that leak... no matter how small it may be, hence the air bubbles you are getting. A Vacuum Pump is really the wrong tool to use for this job. Get yourself a Bleeder Ball, that's what they were made for.
I'm just going to put an OUT-OF-ORDER sign on my forehead... and call it a day.
Aberdare is offline   Reply With Quote