View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 01:51 PM   #15
03BlkZ

Re: Headers on my C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction355 View Post
I ran headers with the three on the tree for a long while and raced it like that. There were no clearance issue at all that i recall. Had to switch to a 4 speed because the 3-speed trannies kept breaking. Then finally went auto as the stick was too abusive to the drive line with slicks. Now that i am mostly done with racing I'm looking to go back to stick. Though about trying to get the three on the tree adapted to a muncie 4-speed and have a little shifter on floor for reverse. Just an idea of course.

That is awesome. I also got my truck from my father who is now retired. You are very fortunate to have the body work experience available. I don't get along with body work very well. My truck is Sanford/Farmtruck with good powertrain. Good luck on the build, it is looking great!! You might want to look into slightly bigger cam, if interested at all, (ran single pattern .222 deg @ 0.050" / 0.450" lift for a long while which is factory 327/350hp cam). Something like a 110deg lobe sep if you want some lope. They make some Thumper cams which have a little lope and produce good torque and vac. Not sure of power intent, or what you want it to sound like, but just some thoughts. I used to change cams all the time just testing them, lol.
Thanks! I just wanted a small cam for a little sound. I'm not looking for a hot rod. The cam was selected by my builder based on what I told him I was looking for. It is a 110 lobe sep so hopefully it has a little chop.
03BlkZ is offline   Reply With Quote