View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #129
AJs72K5

Re: AJs 72 Pavement Pounder build

UPDATE 8/28/09: Time to get to work. Works been keeping me super busy lately and the K5 has been neglected. I made a slight direction change on the engine after finally unloading all of the old engine and miscellaneous parts I had laying around. I just placed the "big order" with Summit today. Here's the final specs I'm going with:

Block: GM 2 bolt BBC 454 bore .030 over

Rotating assembly: GM cast crank, Speedpro flat top pistons (3cc eyebrows)

Cam: Comp Hydraulic Roller... yes a roller! (CL11-412-8.... advertised duration 266 In/276 Ex, lift 485 In/485 Ex, lobe sep 112*), Comp roller lifters (included in the comp kit), Comp adjustable timing chain (cam timing adjustable to 1/4*)

Heads: Edelbrock Performer High Compression aluminum cylinder heads...100cc semi-open combustion chamber

Induction: Edelbrock Proflo MPFI fuel injection kit

With the flattops and the heads, compression should work out to just about 10:1. I bumped up compression a bit since I'll be running aluminum heads. If CamQuest 6 is at all accurate, I should end up with this:

Big pic can be seen --> here

Already made a date with my engine builder friend to start on the bottom end of the engine next weekend....FINALLY!

Gray Matter Build - 1972 K5 with some stuff
AJs72K5 is offline   Reply With Quote