View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #65
jocko

Re: Lied and defrauded on 1971 c10 short bed

if it helps.... I was just about to plop down 12K on a non-running, possibly siezed motor, cheyenne super shortbed. Had I done that, I would have had a well documented, somewhat rare (402 super swb) pile of parts that I still needed to sink another 10-20k into to get roadworthy and shiny. For less than the buy in cost on the one I was seriously considering, you are already on the road in a beautiful truck. Despite the unfortunate surprise (and I'd be as ticked off as you are too), I agree with all the other comments that this is a NICE truck and the price you got it for is, imho, just about right. So, instead of getting the awesome deal you thought you got, you got an average/fair deal money-wise. BUT, my guess is that you had your heart set on an ORIGINAL swb Cheyenne and thought you just got a great deal on one, now you are trying real hard to not view it as a turd. Trust me, it is not one - it is sweet. And you can do any mods you want to it to enhance it with an exceptional starting point (and not worry about originality, to boot - FREEDOM!!). That might not help, but I definitely think time can heal this self-inflicted wound. Truck is way nice - and although a Z-cut frame might be the ideal way to cut it, a square cut that is fish-plated will be more than you'll ever need. So add those plates, and hit the road with a smile. Ok, eventually with a smile!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote