View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #69
palposity

Re: Project Pops (1980 C10 Build Project)

Got working on stripping the donor frame down. It is amazingly rust free as we deal with rust terribly in the Central NY area. This donor is from Delaware. I got the front suspension off pretty easily except for a stubborn nut on the drag link.

Next I need to remove the rear suspension and all the fuel/brake lines so I can start sandblasting and painting. Also of note - all of the original fuel and brake lines will be reusable. They just need to be thoroughly cleaned. I am shocked how solid they are.

I am a bit concerned about making sure the frame is straight and true. I measured from the floor to the tip of the rear frame on both sides and there is a 1/4 inch difference. Of course that difference could be in the leaf springs as I have not removed the rear suspension. I don't know anything about checking a frame and straightening it so any thoughts/advice would be appreciated. I want to make sure to get it right since I am this deep in the project.
Project #1 "Pops"--1980 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 3rd Generation in the same original owner family. GOAL: Restore to "almost" original.
View Project Pops HERE

Project #2 "Cletus"--1986 Chevy K20 4.10 Gear Ratio GOAL: Restore into a heavy duty work/plow rig
View Project Cletus HERE - SOLD

DD--2008 Duramax CCSB
palposity is offline   Reply With Quote