Thread: tuba trucks
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #628
clemdaddy

Re: tuba trucks

The "Puff" is a 1948 custom cab that I build in the late 70's. A cammed up 235 six with offy ad-ons and a 4-speed granny got me through 20 years of driving. Drove it to Cali one summer in the 80's to play beach volleyball and see the coast. We've shared lots of miles, many trips and lots of stories.
About 20 years ago the Puff was my only vehicle when I met my wife Kim and we bought the Sinclair Station where we lived for quite a while. Unfortunately the Puff was retired to yard art and became our Christmas tree stand that we displayed out on the corner. The Puff was an actor in several TV commercials as well as backdrop for lots of graduation photo shoots but the years were not kind on her and the neglect was all my fault. After 40 years of ownership and several failed attempts to sell her, I never did, till now.
A guy named Phil bought the Puff when he drove by and saw her. He opted for Tuba to rebuild her as a street rod with all the street rod stuff. Mustang 2, power rack and pinion, posi 4 link, horsepower and overdrive, all the stuff...
So here we go.
Attached Images

clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote