View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #93
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsboys View Post
I know what you mean when you said only four bolts to the cab. I didnt plan on taking mine to the frame at all but once i got the front off then the bed my dad just kept saying o come on its only four bolts. So finally i broke in and we pulled it. Its gana take longer then expected now but at least i shouldnt have to go back on much of anything. But keep up the good work man. Looking good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man, though for the record you are doing a heck of a better job on yours than I am on mine!!
Mine is a rattle can resto.... something to hold me over for the next 10 years or so until I can send my frame off to be powder coated like so many of the others here!

Just sealed the deal on a 1985 GMC Sierra yesterday for $1,200.00
Young guy I got it from picked it up last summer and was told it has 20k on a new crate engine. Odometer only reads 70k.
I dunno but engine looks clean enough, starts right up and does not ping, rattle, lope, or any of the other things that make you go Hmmmmmmm.......

I hope to get a ton of stuff off this;
350 cid engine with all the attachments (alt, starter, ps pump,)
Power steering
Power Disc Brakes
tilt column (gotta look to see)
door locks
tail gate latch assembly (hopefully I can figure some way to mod it into my stock one)
Transmission if I absolutely need it (hope not, want manual OD 4speed)
donor sheet metal for body work and giggles...
some of the wiring harness
radiator ( I misspelled that didnt I?)
And whatever odds and ends I decide I want or need from it...

Right now I have lent it to one of my soldiers to drive until I can work a deal with my neighbors for their side of the garage. Still a tad too chilly out there to be doing much of anything other than running inside from the car!

With any luck the front cross member will bolt right up to my 66 frame, and save me from messing with steering linkage and motor mounts. More to follow on that.

A couple pics of the sacrificial lamb chop..
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote