Thread: !
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
LuckyHenriksen

First Time On The Freeway

I made the 50+ mile round trip to school today, first time in the freeway and it drove great! Lots of wind resistance though.... People loved it and it was very popular with the auto mech. guys. I got pulled over by a motorcycle cop on the way home for having way too much "visible emissions" (I think I need new rings, pistons, etc...) at least he was cool and liked the truck and didn't give me a ticket.....
Now for the problem, my newly professionally rebuilt TH400 was working fine, up until the last few miles of my return journey, it started downshifting and not shifting out of second, and it would seem to pop out of gear and just freewheel, it was very annoying and hard to deal with. Sometimes it just wouldn't move until I reved it way up. I stopped and checked the vacuum lines- everything seemed fine. I stopped again and checked the fluid, said it was perfectly full. Anyone have any ideas? I'll call the trans shop tomorrow. Thanks for listening to my story! I am very proud that it held together all the way there and mostly back. If you have any advice it would be appreciated.
Senior Project
Build Thread Here

Last edited by LuckyHenriksen; 12-04-2008 at 09:30 PM.
LuckyHenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote