View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 07:28 PM   #19
TP from Cntl PA

Re: My truck sucks...

A 4x2 with a big engine under the hood gets hung up when someone Pi$$es on the grass in the middle of a drought if you drive it off into your yard

My C-20 with the Cummins will probably be a real turd when the weather is less than nice out Haven't got the driveshafts from the shop yet to try it

I will say though, the C-10's we had over the years would go through nearly anything and it took alot to stop them. The one '69 we had with a 250/3spd had 33's on the rear our neighbor gave us after he traded off his monster jeep..........We'd chain it up and run it all winter like that as 90% of our driving was off road on lanes between farms. We could actually even get around better than our neighbors with 4x4 pickups with snow tires. A few times I remember passing them on the way to the barn in the morning to feed cows shoveling out their rig................Then on my way back I'd stop and help them dig it out For as much as everyone complains about the little inliner and saginaw 3spds you'd never think they'd hold up.........But they never left us down.

I remember a few dandy storms where we were buckin' snow drifts with the grill, and pushing it with the bumper.......In a 4x2...

Inlines Rule! 6 soldiers standing is better than 8 laying down!!!!!!!!
TP from Cntl PA is offline   Reply With Quote