View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #53
AnotherWs6

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Thank you for the positive feedback, makes it worth while for me to stop and take pics all the time and document every step of the way, the gauges are so accurate and so sensitive that they show changes otherwise undetectable to the human eye, ear, or nose. For example barely moving the idle mixture screws like 1/16th of a turn changes the AFR by over half a point without even changing the RPMs, I don't want to start World War III or nothing but I am willing to bet many of the tune by Long Screw Driver To The Ear mechanics of yesteryear were most likely way off and either not getting the fuel economy they could have and or leaving plenty of horse power on the table

hugs
G
Very good points. You're scaring me with the vacuum thing. I've never been forced to diagnose a vacuum leak so I don't have any experience doing so. The truck runs fine, but I have my suspisions based on erratic brake behavior.

Anyway, here is a link the gauges I bought. They got good reviews not just on Summit but several other places as well. I like the fact that they are not too flashy. Anybody know anything about them?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm-30-5130
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote