View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 12:52 AM   #67
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Finally got through to Holley Tech Support today and spoke with Tony about adjusting the secondary butterflies and exposing the secondary transfer slots on my 4160 carburetor to lean out the idle mixture some more.

He said that the secondary transfer slots sit higher than the ones in the primaries and should NOT be exposed.

However I could crack the secondary butterflies open a bit more to lean out the mixture further than the 13.5 at idle I am getting now.

We also discussed advancing my ignition timing from 10° to 12° or even higher as an alternative or in addition to.

He used a phrase that I have heard from tech support guys like ProForm the makers of my previous HEI distributor, it goes like this "see if your truck likes it" or "and if your truck likes it".

Now that's kinda subjective to me, and its like asking your three year old what they would "like" for dinner, I mean my truck will run and drive with the distributor anywhere from 0° to 18° and AFR anywhere from a rich of 9 AFR to 15 AFR, anywho just getting that off my chest
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote