View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #75
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will206 View Post
I ordered one of these when I started my project but apparently I didn't do my research well enough.

I got the Innovate Motorsports kit with the single wideband O2 and a simple gauge that displays the A/F.

It does have the LC-2 controller so at least I can log it on my laptop, but I wish I would have spent the extra hundred and got the provisions for the better gauge and second O2 sensor.

I suppose that knowing one bank is better than nothing, and I could still add a second bung and just switch it to the other side as needed but that's a bit of a pain.
glad you are in the game, please remember that if you run two O2 sensors and plan on switching the gauge/controller between them you will DAMAGE the disconnected sensor, so the proper way to do it is to have one O2 sensor and move that from bung to bung and plug the other bung with a plug, in case you did not know that, just a kind reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will206 View Post
Greg: In your tests are the sensors always pretty close in terms of A/F?
great question, I have noticed that at cruising speed, for example when I am going 70 to 75 MPH my one bank runs leaner than the other, I don't recall which side does what but I do have the graph to prove it I have been saving that discussion until we get to the main circuit ie main jets, etc

now this can also be do to a persistant misfire but again we will cover that later, also this is when having an O2 sensor in each header pipe would really narrow it down but we're talking about 4 dual gauges there and eight total O2 sensors, super geeky stuff, but cool non the less
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote