View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #105
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

Since I got buried on page three figured I'd better post some progress pics. First is the SECOND column in its final mockup place. I talked to EZ wire and they confirmed that GM only had two types of column connectors between 70 and 92 and they supply both in their kit. Figured out the rod for the high beam moves away from the bracket so no conflict, I think I will need to figure out that wiring when I get the kit to circumvent the floor switch. Next is photo of transfer shifter and seat, no interference. Next is shot of steering shaft location. Then a close up showing that while the shifter arm clears the exhaust manifold it would go right through the brake pedel. Good news is Lokar makes a cable kit just for that purpose, easy fix just another $125 to spend. Finally the suspense was killing me so I jammed my free vintage air system up under the dash to check fit. Tight but it was made for the space. You end up with a "glove" box about 2" deep. I don't care for the outlets, the plastic looks a little cheesy. I may end up with a center console for ac outlets, guages and some power outlets, and the required cup/can holders. Enjoy, I am (according to my wife way to much).
Attached Images

OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote