View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #82
Hart_Rod

Re: New LS swap/install questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
ok so yesterday I took the truck for a longer drive put on about 25 miles. tried it with the MAF connected and disconnected. When the MAF was connected the trans shifted funny (up shifted and down shifted) on normal acceleration and the motor didnt run very well.(stumbled coughed etc). so I disconnected the MAF and the motor idled great about 630 rpm and the trans shifted like a new car, nice and smooth....
this MAF or leak or problem whatever you call it is making me mad..... should I just remove the intake and check for leaks?
Sounds like your MAF needs to be recalibrated within the Tune (or you have a serious air leak downstream of where the MAF is reading the air flow). When you disconnect the MAF (simulated MAF fail), your tune will default to Speed density calibration and use the MAP part of the tune to run the engine.

REAL WORLD SCENARIO: I was almost done tuning my engine/tranny when I decided to build a custom CAI. After I finished it and installed it on the engine, it wouldn't run worth crap and the transmission acted like it had 500,000 miles on it! The fuel trims were all screwed up, the idle was terrible, and the transmission would shift and lock up erractically.... So, I put the original air intake on it that I had used for all of the tuning and it purred like a kitten......BLUF, nearly every calculation in the tune (engine and transmission), is based on the MAF sensor being calibrated correctly....
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote