View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #369
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

I appreciate the understanding. Right now I have a couple very important rush jobs that I need to get done. I should be done with those in a couple more days.

The cable brackets that I have made are basically the same as on those '79-'85 Eldorado calipers you have. The issue is that on the '76-'78 calipers, with that extra nub, that moves the levers so close to the cable bracket, there isn't much room for movement of the lever.

I'll try and get a couple pics tomorrow of what I'm talking about.

I think that the '76-'78 Eldorado's must have had the cable brackets on the axle tube?

I can most likely stretch the brackets that I have currently made, and have some more laser cut. I'll have to take a look at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted78SS View Post
Bummer for sure, I know how much time it takes, and how precious time can be when also working full time plus. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

I have a few sets of the later eldorado calipers as well, might look to see if I could modify the brackets off one set. Who knows.. But I'm not hopeful as they are pretty different

Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote