View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #17
James Lamb

Re: Suburban tailgate glass run channels

Hey Mongo, thanks for looking. Are posts from you like a candygram? "Candygram from Mongo, Candygram from Mongo". I know that's an old reference, but ... and yes it was Candygram for Mongo. Still - I would use it if were me.

Yeah the search is getting ridiculous. One of those burbs has rear barn doors. The other one in Atlanta might work. I talked to a guy in California yesterday who has 5 Suburban inner tailgate covers on his eBay site- the sheet metal piece you remove to gain access to the glass, and he has 2 entire tailgates. He said " I never part out tailgates - never take them apart". ??? But you have pieces of 5 of them advertised??? Basically he did not want to bother with me. Said shipping an entire tailgate - which I still would not know if run channels good or not - would require him to go buy a pallet, would be super expensive, yatta yatta yatta.

Another member put me onto a parts search place that says they may be able to help. Waiting to hear back from them.

If anyone on the forum is running a square body Suburban with rear tailgate, you need to latch hold of any parts for the tailgate you can find, while you can find them. Around here anything that old that was in a salvage yard has already been sold for scrap, and a lot of these parts are not being made anymore.
James Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote