View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 09:34 AM   #496
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

Well guys I got home from South Louisiana yesterday. It was hot humid and hellish down there. I made three test passes Thursday. I was spinning on the hit but running good down track. Friday morning with the NHRA taking over I had a good hit in the right lane .005 10.905 @ 153.27. The other two time trials that day went to crap spinning the right tire on the hit. I decided I was going too tweak on the our link. The only flat spot we could find was the scales. I had to wait till everything was over. We worked on in the dark and put some hit in it. First round Saturday morning I had to run an old friend from my hometown Billy Hughes. I was .008 he was -.008 I was way fast but no big deal. Second round I had to run my buddy Jason Owens who was tied for first place. He put me in the left lane I spun a little on the hit and was .20 on the tree he was .011. He was set up too hot and I pushed him out with a 10.86 @ 153.43 to his 10.83 @ 143. Third round I drew Jimmy Daniel from Montgomery Alabama and his all Pontiac powered race car. I blew on the tree with a .054 light to his .021. I went 10.898 @ 152.81 he took a hun of strip with a 10.91 @ 148. His next opponent didn't even leave the starting line. He had a bye into the final and his final round opponent red lit. Dammit!! I'm going to regroup and go to Noble Ok in three weeks. As of today I'm sitting in 12th place in division but still have four more races I can run. All in all I felt pretty good after the weekend.