View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #19
KutThroatKustoms
drag body or die

The comparision was.... a set of ls1 heads, ported n polished (gasket matched) and a little bit bigger valves and my heads gasket matched and valves bar3ly bigger then ls1 valves(i need to find the specs to get the numbers) and he said mine outflowed on the bench enough to make the 5.3 worth it over the 5.7..

As for the car intake.... the truck intake. like a 6.0 is more low/mid power... ls6 is the car intake to have, its more mid/upper, where the gen3 motors strive. Its not like a conventional small block where 5500-6000 was about it unless it was race.. Now, i'm now sure about the 5.3 stock rpm range, but an ls1, i know friends with just bolt ons and cam and going up to 6500 rpms, and it loves it, not loosing power. The 5.3 is a nice motor, but lacks the cubes, which is why a lot of ppl start with a 6.0 block, more cubes and a steel design, for strength but a little more expensive then an ls1. But with your 5.3, you can turn it into a great motor, using OE parts inside. You can work the heads, get a 6.0 intake if you wanna keep the truck accessories, 01-02 ls6 cam and springs (you can use stock retainers), bolt ons, tuning, and have a really nice motor.. if you need more, the motor will take a 100 shot all day long.