View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 07:48 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Re: Let's see the 8 lug wheels

I've always been stuck on the wheels of the era anyway. I ignored the '80s sawblade wheels and anything else that came out and just stuck with my slots or steelies. Weld made Sidewinders and Outbacks in the '90s and I used those on some trucks, but they discontinued them after not such a long time. Alcoa made a good looking 5-spoke star pattern Super Single and dropped them, although they continued them as dually wheels. American Racing still makes the AR-23s that look decent. I never likes the '80s fake rivets, but with other choices given I have learned to accept the rivets as a throw-back style now. Beat fake beadlocks, foolish divets and lumps in other wheel styles. I just wish a wheel company would settle down and make a reasonable wheel. Stop with the out do one another. Just look at aluminum slots from back in the day. Several companies all made virtually the same wheel. Looks at turbine/Vector/finned aluminum type wheels, same thing. Same with car wheels. There were a few styles of mag wheel with slight variations from brand to brand. And here's the real kicker... Those wheels are all still loved today! So much that they brought many of them back. That's what classic is, always in style.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote