View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 03:57 AM   #668
Green Monster

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
Thank-you !

I notice some have the top, and some don't. The ones that do have the top, is it removable?
I checked the link for those wheels also, but unfortunately they want $12 just to ship them to me. I found that a bit excessive for four small little wheels.
I purchased three and the tops on all three were removable. Unlike the real thing, you will not need three friends and a case of beer to help you lift it off. You can swap the black and white tops just to get an idea of what your eal Blazer would look with a different top color.

Shipping was only $2.90 and $10 for each additional pair of axles so I purchased three pair to justify shipping here in the US. $12 seems off so you might want to check with the seller because the listing details indicates it should cost "CANADA $9.00 1-10 SETS, $0.10 CENTS EACH ADDITIONAL SET".

Swapping the wheels and tires is a little involved requiring patience to set the new ones in place. The old axles need to be snipped with wire cutters. The new alxes had to be narrowed so I snipped the new axles and used JB weld to fasten the axles to the undercarriage instead of threading them through the chassis. I plan on soldering the next set seminar the axles can be pulled out.

You can find videos on YouTube searching matchbox wheel swaps where folks have already done something similar.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote