View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 03:39 PM   #306
Mikes68C10

Re: Green Gus the 68 shortbed convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
Getting some of those summer miles on the truck. Took it out the other night for a cruise and had to stop and take a photo. It was a beautiful night here in NC. You'll notice I also tested the look of whitewalls again with chalk. I think I liked this look more than the white lines I tried a while ago, but I will probably still stick with the blackwalls. Plus, the whitewalls were promptly washed away after this photo from a pop up storm that rolled through. Not a durable solution by any means, but it does look convincing and its fun to try something different for a while.

Very cool old school-cool look.
? ever try the redline tire look, like the old red line tires. I think it might be a sweet color contrast while tying into the red Chevy emblem on the hubcaps.
Anyone got photoshop skills to pull the look together?
Me, no photoshop skills - see attached for a rough (very rough) idea of what I was thinking for the "Red Line Look"
Attached Images

1968 C10 LWB Fleet-Wood, 2-WD, 327, 4-Bbl, Auto, 12-Bolt, Bone Stock. >POOF!< Sold 9/8/2018. New owner is local to Waynesboro PA and will take excellent care of her. He also owns a 69 Z28 SS Option car.
1998 Camaro SS, LS1, A4, 3.42. Free Tune - Stock 13.08 @ 106.55 >Lightening Strikes Again!< Sold 9/9/2018 she too will be well cared for as 1 of 45 produced in blue, with Auto and no T-roof.

Last edited by Mikes68C10; 05-28-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Mikes68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote