View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 09:21 PM   #321
Slowguy

Re: Green Gus the 68 shortbed convert

Wow. Also went through the entire thread last two days. What a journey. It’s funny, I had the same concerns with safety. I’m upgrading the brakes, shoulder belts, steering, and everything will be new but it still lacks airbags, traction control, abs, and head rest for rear impact. I guess it’s just one of those thing that you take a chance with. I remember being little, riding through Chicago with the driver having a beer in his hand sitting on a milk crate. Literally. I made it this far and it’s by shear chance but it is what it is. I don’t have children to consider so I hear you there. Don’t know where the market will go but it seems these trucks are at a premium right now? I’d think it’d be a good time to recoup your costs but man, you did some nice work.

I’ve also been in the Audi/vw world for the last few years. I’ve had 4-a6’s, s4, 3-rs6’s, Jetta tdi, and an s6. They make some really safe cars. I have an s6 right now. With winter tires, it’s the best vehicle I’ve ever driven on slick roads. I wanted the wife to have a super safe car so I got her that.

If you need the money for the next vehicle I’d sell it. But...if you don’t I’d hang on to it for a bit longer. I think it will be difficult to find one that has the exact modifications you wanted done to this one.
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote