View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #322
hewittca

Re: Green Gus the 68 shortbed convert

Well, I think it's time to update my thread to put some closure on this C10 journey for me.

I ended up letting my photographer friend borrow the truck for two months. While she had it, we visited once to do our own photo session. I realized during this time that I could live without the truck and I didn't really miss it too much. I also healed up from surgery and now feel better than ever so I'm refocused and ready to work on something again.

I ended up getting the truck back this past Sunday and on the ride home I just didn't feel that rush to be driving it again like I thought I would. I decided to follow through with my thoughts of selling and threw it up on Craigslist to see what would happen. Well, within 30 minutes someone contacted me and asked to come by and see it later that afternoon. So he came by, looked it over, beamed with restrained excitement, and said he'd be back the next day with cash. And that he did. So within 24 hours of listing the truck, it was gone! I don't think I was ready for a lightning quick turn around but he did not haggle me on price and he seemed like a genuine guy so it didn't bother me to see it go. I think I'm still surprised, but I'm happy to have it move on to someone else who is going to be excited about it.

From it all, my biggest disappointment is that I've lost the connection that introduced me to so many great people at various events and random interactions while out and about. I plan to still check in from time to time here on the forum and contribute when I can, but I fear I will end up like I did with my participation on previous forums related to my other projects, fading into irrelevance. Well, I guess we all have to move on at some point. For now, I will consider at least this thread complete from my perspective as my truck rides off into the sunset. Farewell!

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote