View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 10:22 PM   #1
bcfishon

Value $ of a nice hardtop

What would you folks consider the going price for a complete grade A condition hard top for the 1969-72 blazer?. I have a single and double wall top and both need work, they both have hatches that are cracked at the opening handle,missing chunks on edges,cracked at hinge and slide latch attaching area. The tops also have little bits missing around the edges and one has the bottom left side completely broke off at bottom backside on side window frame and up to the bottom middle of same window. They are rough but no sunroof or vents or sag.

I took the broken top and it's hatch to a guy that I bought a blazer from,he had done some wild stuff to the top on the rig I bought from him. Like butcher a canopy from a 97 z71 and install the side windows and rear glass hatch into the 72 blazer top , some may have seen this top on here as I posted about it a while back. Anyways the guy tells me $2500 to redo my single wall top back to pristine condition,I'm thinking if the work turns out as good as the other top he did than this is a fair deal. I've seen pristine factory tops go for as much as $3000 so I don't think I'm getting a smoking deal but I will know what I have and it will be like new. I traded a fender well and a seat for the top so I don't have much into it ,seems they are getting next to impossible to find nowdays.
bcfishon is offline   Reply With Quote