View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
kulturekat

1950 build thread

Alright well after a few people asking for a build thread i decided to post one. i held off for a while just because i havent really been able to even do anything with the truck anyway. between moving and job change you know life. finally im up in the hometown and will be able to really get some work done. A little background i got the truck from a friend in the city it was used as a kansas farm truck its in great shape for the most part. its a 3/4 ton long bed. Thanks to billy i got a new donor frame with an s10 front clip on it already with the front cab mounts on it as well. the only thing ive been able to do so far is get the frame a little cleaner and drop the rear three inches.

originally i wanted to go pretty old school and go with a true straight 6 with three strombergs. i was able to track down a newer straight 6 from a 66 malibu for free. came with a manual trans and everything. well when i went to put it in it wouldnt work and found out the later the model the engine the longer it is so i had to nix that route so i was able to get me a good 305 from a camaro with a sertentine belt and everything. im going to make it a little old school with finnedvalve covers and strombergs on it. make it a newer engine with an old school feel. ill back it with a th400 auto trans.

i will have to make the long bed a shortbox but thats no big deal. ok well im sure youre sick of the rambling heres the pics.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=402562

1955 ford f-100
1968 ford mustang
1966 ford mustang
kulturekat is offline   Reply With Quote