View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
BigDooley77

Re: 1977 GMC CCDW build

So some time goes by it only takes a few months before the 454 breathes its last breathe ugh sadly no oil pressure loud knocking then boom stops running I pull the motor replace it with a "good" used 454 I'm sure you know what happens next the second 454 doesn't last 3 months I park the old dually outta spite! now this is a truck I've always wanted so I'm not giving up! finally I drag it down to the shop an pull the engine and transmission out tear the engine down 7-8 rod bearings spun so it goes up to the local machine shop. While its out I start ripping into the interior I want bucket seats and a console the radio hasn't worked since I bought it the fuel tank selector didn't work the windshield was cracked from the fire and for some reason the column was completely destroyed (supposedly it got stolen once I don't believe it but what do you say). I start the dye process turning the vibrant red and white interior black. A local guy that parts these trucks out brought me some 89-91 bucket seats I talk to an aftermarket seat upholstery company after going a few rounds he will charge me more to make the rear seat since his kit comes with the 89-91 middle row for suburban. Well I call the local guy up and luckily he still has the middle row. Upholstery starts.

Added heated seats while I was at it
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8361863
BigDooley77 is offline   Reply With Quote