View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 04:13 AM   #139
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetside - NZ Build

ok... I've been slack the last 5 weeks due to the reno running over budget and time but it's almost done so back into it.

my latest shipment arrived from the states today, which included a complete 2001 F body Camaro sump, the HP Tuners kit and a tshirt.

I also bought 7 metres (sorry 21ft) of 3/16 pipe and fittings or the rear brake lines. The wiring harness conversion is well underway and I am in 2 minds as to the quality... the cables are nicely sheathed and of a decent size but the connections seem cheap and don't clip together very well. Also I've had a few where the cable is exposed near the connector. over all I guess you get what you pay for and it appears to have lots of extra bits and connections.

I also think that I might have a late 57 cab on my 58 chassis. The bolt holes for the hood hinges on 55-57 are 3/8" and quite narrow while I believe the 58-59 bolts are 5/16 and wider apart. When I bolted up my fuse plate I needed the larger bolts and used the narrow holes. My chassis vin matches my body tag which matches the pink slip so.... ideas

here's some pics
Attached Images

QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote