View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 08:18 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Been Driving A Sonoma

I take backroads to this old lumber yard. I've been taking photos of old barns and I pulled over for one. There is a blind hump in the road, so I pulled well off in case, by rare coincidence, two vehicles passed in opposite directions. seemed like a good photo op.

The wheels I want are part of the LQ8 suspension pkg the Xtremes have but also available as a stand along option. The raspberry truck has that pkg plus a little more drop. I hope my friend remembers what he did and what size tires he used. That truck is perfect.

The wheels on it now are the later LQ8 wheels and are also alloy. They were also made with a dark grey center. I just don't care for them, like the others way more. I also have a thing, it seems, for going retro (backwards in time) with wheels. Older is better to me.

Borla was the only performance cat-back I could find. I searched "99 GMC Sonoma cat-back exhaust". I'd find results for Magnaflow and other popular brands for much cheaper, go to order, and get "this part will not fit your vehicle". Look at the listed vehicle and it would be K1500. WTF? I guess search engines now over ride using quotes and still show what the internet wants you toi see, not what you want to see. It happens all the time. I think even on Jeg's site I put in my vehicle, then searched, and got K1500 results. Those systems are way cheaper than S-series

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote