View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 01:20 PM   #27
KevinK7

Re: 1968 Golden Anniversary Seat Covers

======================
UPDATE 5/12/20: Just to let everyone know. I received an email from SMS earlier today, they are offering to make a new set of covers. Needless to say I am very pleased
"Kevin
We will make the new set of covers for you correctly, if you send back the original set we made we will fix them for you.
Thanks
Kim"
======================

I'm posting this for those who may be ordering fabric seat covers from SMS. Pay attention to the direction the 'diamond' pattern runs in the upholstery you receive.
I was wondering about the upholstery I had received (a while back) from SMS for my 50th, and can confirm (sadly) the fabric pattern is running 'up-down', when it should run 'side-to-side'.

Noting here, I did (earlier today) reach out to SMS to bring this to their attention. Primarily since I just ordered the FAWN, but also regarding the 50th upholstery I already received.
I even mentioned that I was aware others may be ordering their upholstery at this time to further raise the concern.

Hopefully this will avoid the issue for others.

Once I do hear back from SMS, I will edit this post with update...

Kevin

Incorrect: up-down (my 50th upholstery received from SMS

Correct: Side-to-Side (not my photo)

An original seat for reference: (not my photo)

Last edited by KevinK7; 05-12-2020 at 10:04 PM.
KevinK7 is offline   Reply With Quote