View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
SS Tim

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitis View Post
Ok so my truck was not originally a highlander however I'm a sucker for unusual things. Since the highlander plaid is period correct I am thinking of using it. My truck is 525 light yellow which plaid would it have come with originally I must assume the black grey but that picture looks like it has orange

Also dad's truck is a gmc with ochre? Mustard yellow. Which would be his correct
First off my research is to help validate vehicles not build fakes.
But if you have a 72 Custom Deluxe (as I did) I can see wanting to upgrade a little to the Highlander plaid. As a bonus the Highlanders had black carpet too vs the CDs color coded vinyl mat.

So off we go.
You are correct the 525 Light Yelow truck pictured has the 618 Orange Plaid. GM offered Gray Orange and Avocado Plaid with the Light Yellow. Plus I am sure it could just as well been overide ordered with the Blue too.

On an Ocre truck Gray is the only color I can think of actually seeing offered. But the Avocado would work very well too.

To recap from my Highlander threads.
Highlander Plaid trim codes All included black dash pad, steering column (with or without tilt) and carpet. In addition the door panels, visors, console (Blazer only) and seat belts were always parchment (white). Seat vinyl was also parchment and the insert color is determined by the specific trim code. So the ONLY variable color keyed component was the insert color of the seatcovers.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote