View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 09:37 PM   #136
jeffahart

Re: Anyone running CB's in their truck these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
Roger, that.
What's your Handle gonna be?
Walrus Out and 10-10
"Bleached Gold" I'm thinkin'. In celebration of painting my original Dark Gold truck to White!

Have another question! I've been perusing the web for a radio and doing some reading. I'm probably going to get a "Cobra 29LTD 40-Channel CB Radio" They have it local at the Ham Radio outlet in Burbank. Anyhow, I was also reading the reviews on Amazon. I looked at other accessories on Amazon and some reviews.

To the point. I looked at this coax cable: Below the review is the link. Is this true, could this happen? I assume reviewer actually meant during calibration. Can this happen? What do you think? I'm thinking to piece my system together from Ham radio outlet, so I can make sure I get quality connections!

Here's the guys review!

Garbage. I installed this on my truck's cb when I relocated it. The cheap plastic that connects to the cord that was longer than any other I've used before broke. I thought, no big deal. But upon further inspection, I found the metal inside had also broken. Not a huge deal except I discovered this when tuning my radio. The damage was done, however, as it fried my radio and is permanently distorted. Thus, rendered useless. Installed a few weeks outside the return date. Expensive lesson learned. I'll never use this or any of their products again.

https://www.amazon.com/RG-58A-Coaxia...ews-filter-bar

Thanks again!

J