View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 08:10 PM   #91
Robznob11

Re: I Found the Magic Button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySons68C20 View Post
Did you ever get the return to center figured out? I'm having the same problem with the 68 with all new parts including a quick ratio Red Head steering box. I'm going to get my 2nd alignment at a different shop next week and want to be ready.
The first shop wouldn't/didn't give me numbers. The only thing I see is 1 1/8" shim on the pass side and a 1/16" shim on the driver side.
The return to center could be the lack of positive caster and not the box, you can trust very few alignment shops with these trucks, they dont want to take the time to unbolt add shims, tq it back up, and repeat several times getting it perfect. They usually take one stab at it and say ahhh it's good enough, many just set toe and take your money....I can tell you because I do my own alignments....it takes several hours to dial one in. Every time you Jack it up you have to reload the suspension (move the vehicle) or you will get a false reading.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote