View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 01:10 PM   #29
FoxCustom

Re: ‘87 Chevy V20 - “Heavy Duty Stock” My Daily Build

At this point, all the small parts were prepped and ready, the paint was hardened on the trans, and the big moment was set. 4th of July weekend, I had a week off of work so the timing worked out perfectly. (Although HOT in the shop!)

Everyone’s advice of getting the pedal assembly swap taken care of first couldn’t have been more helpful. No getting around it, that step was a PAIN!!! Even with the seat out and column dropped, there’s not a lot of room for twisting and fanagling!

First step was to gut remove the seat, then clean out the floor (in preparation for cutting the shifter hole and some POR 15 application), then drop the column to make room for the pedal assembly to come down, THEN install the 3 pedals! The big helper spring under the dash was next to impossible to handle by myself, but luckily my Dad and I figured out a way of him lining up the spring eye onto the post and myself, seated back against the cab and foot on a crowbar, to stretch the spring onto its pegs on the clutch pedal.

And of course, Rudy the shop dog lent his extra paws to knock this task out successfully!
Attached Images

FoxCustom is offline   Reply With Quote