View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 09:16 AM   #31
wixthedog

Re: The 1976 Beater Build - by Wixthedog

Good morning guys, and boy has it been a while! Just like most folks around the world things have been a bit crazy recently for me. Work has been busy and slow but I finally got around to starting some things that were always in the works, and I can'e be more excited about it!

LS swap time!!?? No, not for this guy.

I picked up a 4 bolt main a while back and after taking compression readings I knew it had some rotating assembly issues. Thats ok, my plans involved all of that anyway and ultimately I need a good Gen 1 block. I did not really need a 4 bolt block but thats what it ended up being.

I tore it down and quickly found the culprit, rings on #7 were toast and it looks like the previous owner was anti-oil change. Such cheap insurance, not sure why people don't take it more seriously...

Everything was standard inside the block and it looked good so I dropped it and the crank at he local machine shop and am currently waiting on that to come back.

In the meantime I got busy on ripping the truck apart and getting it prepped for the new engine. Goodbye tired engine, your job is done here...
Attached Images

1979 C20 RCLB - 350 - TH350 Auto
wixthedog is offline   Reply With Quote